The car you see here is a fully restored, classic Alfa Romeo GTA- but it’s not just restored, it’s improved. Like famed Porsche specialists Singer have done with old 911s, Alfaholics have gone through every part of the old-school Alfa GTA to deliver a car that is both true to the original, and capable of serious, modern-day driving performance.
The real questions about the Alfaholics GTA-R 290, then, have nothing to do with its looks. It’s gorgeous. They have nothing to do with its heritage. It has a rich and storied racing pedigree. They don’t even have anything to do with the car’s “green” cred. This is reusing and recycling at its very best, without the massive environmental impact that producing an all-new body and powertrain have to carry. Instead, the question that matters is this: how does it drive?
Chris Harris, over at the BBC’s Top Gear, called it “driving at its very best”, and raved about the Alfaholics GTA-R 290’s handling, acceleration, and overall feel throughout this six-minute video.
So, that’s something.
Enough talk, though- check out the photo gallery for the Alfaholics GTA-R 290, below, then keep on reading to learn more about the specs and upgrades made to the old Alfa. Once you’re done, let us know what you think of the GTA-R in the comments section at the bottom of the page. Enjoy!
Alfaholics GTA-R 290 Specifications
- Monocoque steel body, fully seam welded
- Carbonfibre doors, bonnet & boot
- Kerb weight of 830kg
- 2.3 litre Alfa Romeo Twin Spark Engine – 240bhp @ 7,000rpm
- Motec engine management system with electronic fuel injection
- GTA lightweight close ratio 5 speed gearbox
- Copper-sintered plate limited slip differential
- Lightweight propshaft and rifle drilled halfshafts
- Stainless steel sports exhaust
- Aluminium high performance radiator & oil cooler
- Titanium top front wishbones
- Geometry improvement kit
- Double adjustable aluminium gas shock absorbers
- Lightweight spring conversion with adjustable ride height
- Titanium fasteners
- Aluminium T-bar and lightweight trailing arms
- Superleggera billet aluminium 6-pot front brake kit with 300mm vented discs
- Superleggera billet aluminium 2-pot rear brake kit with 267mm discs
- Dual circuit bias adjustable aluminium pedal box
- Leather trimmed Recaro seats with inflatable lumbar support
- Alcantara and leather trimmed dashboard
- Wilton Wool carpets
- Dynamat sound and heat insulation
- 12-point T45 roll-cage trimmed in leather
- Billet aluminium pedals
- Momo Prototipo steering wheel
- Speed sensitive, adjustable load electric power steering
- Heated, lightweight windscreen
- Lightweight rear screen and side glass
- 55 litre foam-filled aluminium fuel tank
- 7×15” GTA Superleggera alloy wheels
- Yokohama Neova AD08R 195/55 R15 tyres
- Aluminium body conversion